Monday, July 31, 2006

Well, It's Not a Podcast, But...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Talk about a face for radio...

I spent Saturday NOT hanging out at the beach or house-hunting, but living on the air on WMEL AM-920 as a guest on the Matthew Bronson Show.

Matthew is a local realtor who does a live Saturday morning radio broadcast. He always has a live local music act playing in and out of breaks and talks to local people about local things.

Hence, I was a last-minute addition to the show...

I believe the picture above, which Matthew took, captures my familiar, bewildered-but-humored expression quite well. I might make it my official portrait. Next to me is Terry, bass player and official photographer of the John Quinlivan Band.

If you are in need of a fun band:

JQB

For your photography needs:

Wallace Photography

In need of a smart realtor:

Matthew Bronson

The band was fun, Matthew was a fine host and a good time was had by all. And, Ken the Handyman not only plays in the band, but he is also an advertiser! If you would like to relive the 11:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. segment of the Matthew Bronson Show, go here:

Mark on The Air

More later,


Mark

7 comments:

sdazzle said...

That's better than any photo I've ever taken of you. Bet then again, you always had the best eye in the county. Now that you are in Florida, maybe now that is true.

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

Actually, since Crystal Lake is still my FORMAL address, I have the best eye in TWO counties...

:)

Mark

Suzanne said...

That's a really great photo of you Mark. It's easy to see that the beach life is agreeing with you.

The band has my vote - they're opening for Dave Mason??? Awesome! You're going to go, right? I've got to go down into the basement and find my multi-colored vinyl Mason album now.

sdazzle said...

Good Lord, leave it to you to find a loophole in the law. But since I'm "retired," with no intension of "unretiring," I'll let you have the titles.
Hope all is well, it is here.

sdazzle said...

and that would be "intention." Gotta learn to proof this before I click ok.

Ryun Patterson said...

Well, it's good to know that Mark is still full of...hyperbole, and daz still can't spell.

sdazzle said...

Yep, and I'm going to be teeching me sum midle skoolers how to spel. Eether that or Imma going to teech sum social studies. Be afreaid be veri afreaid.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com