Friday, January 18, 2008

Grandma Kuglich

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My grandmother, Ann Kuglich, passed away Thursday. She lived to be 92 years old.

She was Mom to four children: My mom, Lois (pictured); Dan; Judy; and Kathy. And she was Grandma to 11 grandkids, of which I was No. 2.

Grandma truly enjoyed a life marked by her big family - and her elusive hunt for a big cash prize. Until her health prevented it, she enjoyed bingo and other games. She was also a vigorous card shark and I spent much time in the past 24 hours fondly recalling my early trips to Florida when Mom, Dad, Mary, Grandma, Aunt Judy and I would play King's Corners. I once had a streak of 11 wins in a row and Grandma was NOT a good loser.

Actually, none of us were good losers (although I normally did not lose) and the games would get so loud that one year the neighbors banged on the wall at the condo to get us to quiet down.

Grandma will be fondly recalled by many and missed by many more.

More later,


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com