Thursday, May 22, 2008

This New Bathroom

Our first major house project is done! And just in time for company!

What started as a small project to rehab the master bathroom morphed into a major repair effort as we ended up having to tear out some tiles, redo some plumbing, sacrifice small animals, etc.

Ah, the joys of homeownership. And by "we," I mean our new best friend, Steve.

There are many tales to share and we'll be posting pictures of the FIRST overnight guests soon! Until then, enjoy the before and after shots.

BEFORE
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Old blue bathroom.

AFTER
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
New spiffy bathroom.

More later,

Mark

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a fantastic makeover. Next we're going to see you and Mary on HGTV. I love that wall color and the black cabinet and vanity are just the right touch. I'm glad you banished that blue tile. Although it was hideous, it did match the blue toilet water!

Sorry that you had to endure the makeover but it turned out wonderful.

Suzanne

sdazzle said...

Wasn't the downstairs bathroom your first "renovation" project at the old house too? I'm seeing a pattern here. Nice job by the way. Want to come to Illinois and redo my bathroom next? :-)

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

Hey, Suzanne and Scott! Thanks for dropping by!

The blue tile cover up was a nightmare! Mary found this great company, Miracle Method, that uses polymers to re-color tile (we plan to redo the bathroom eventually and combine it with a walk-in closet to make a huge bathroom) to make it usable for a couple of years. They used six-to-seven coats (instead of typical two-to-three) to make the blue go away...

Scott, you didn't comment on my Dad's pictures! I wanted your opinion on the second best eye in Mahoning County... :)

Mark

sdazzle said...

Funny thing is, I actually thought that your dad takes your title for best eye in whatever county your living in. But the good news for me, I take the McHenry County title back! On a side note, I have a MacBook Pro arriving this week. And I'm also entering the newspaper field again! Well, kind of. I'm running the school newspaper next year.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com