Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yes, I Feel Lucky, Punk!

So, I fill the Kia up with gas about every other weekend and, normally, I'll pop a $20 plus whatever I won from the previous visit into the instant Ohio Lottery machine to see what happens.

This, of course, does not replace the Vegas trips of the past, but it keeps my gambling needs satiated.

A few weeks ago, I parleyed $25 into $70. I pocketed $40 and put $30 into the machine on my next visit and won $10.

Boo! I prefer winning all of the time, obviously...

Today, I was out running errands and filled up with gas and cashed in that $10 winner and added $30. I was feeling lucky.

I bought two $10 tickets and four $5 ones. For my $20 in $5 tickets, I garnered $5. Not good.

Then I began to scratch at the first $10 ticket. The very first number matched! $20! Then the next one: $20. I was ahead! Yay!

The third one? A $50 match! What was going on...?

In all, there were 15 potentials for matching winning numbers. They all matched!

• Ten $20 winners.
• Four $50 winners.
• One $100 winner.

The take? $500. And on this game, there are two bonus areas where that amount could have multiplied up to 100 times the value... I almost could not scratch those areas. But I did and it turns out that 1 times 500 times 1 equals 500, which I am cool with...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is my biggest lottery winning. The gas station doesn't have that kind of cash, so the ticket goes to the grocery store Monday!

The second $10 ticket? Another $10 for a total of $515!

What will we do with the Ohio Lottery winnings? The cash goes right into The Orbit Room project! A new couch is likely.

More later,

Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com