Sunday, September 20, 2009

My Favorite Two Words: BEARS WIN!

Ah...

Tomorrow at work I will devour orange-and-blue doughnuts, drink free Diet Pepsi and generally rejoice in all of the obnoxious splender associated with the Chicago Bears victory over that Pittsburgh team that cannot kick.

One cool fan-cam I found shows Johnny Knoxville's awesome touchdown catch:



Me and one fellow Bears fan held down Jillians until Mary got off work in the fourth quarter. Because of stupid scheduling – the Browns were the late game – there was NO Steelers coverage on local TV, putting all of the Pittsburgh fans in a bar with me (Bears cap, Forte jersey). Were we nervous after the Stupiders marched downfield on the opening drive and scored an easy touchdown against the Bears? Sure. In the end, however, there was much rejoicing in our little corner of the bar.

That image of the Squealers kicker looking like he was going to cry is something I will not soon forget. I hope he has a day job...

It was a low-scoring affair, something you don't normally associate with Ben Roethlisberger. Allegedly.

With the Slackers losing, this was HUGE victory and I could not be happier...

More later,


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com