Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jay, Ye Hardly Knew Me

Turns out, Jay Cutler has more in common with Greg Olsen than having good ol' No. 85 as a dinner companion...

He has also blocked me on Twitter.

Wow. It feels kinda like one of those pussified Bert Favrerer chop blocks.

For the record, I jumped all over Ochocinco last week. He never blocked me. Perhaps he's the real pro here...

Ouch. THAT hurt.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usHey, it's not like I am the one who stunk up the field Sunday. I sat there in front of the home plasma in my Urlacher jersey with my assorted Bears good luck items, beers in my Bears cooler, drinking from my Bears frozen pilsner glass, tuned into the Bears team home call on WBBM-AM via the Bears Internet and cheered. Until I started ranting. But, at least I didn't call anyone names, at least as far as I recall.

I did question the, ah, pluck of Hunter Hillenmeyer who checked in for almost a half Sunday. What's he got? Six quarters so far this season?

The closest ribs as tender as these should get to the football field is out in the parking lot on someone's tailgate grill.

Or in bed next to Elizabeth Hasselbeck. Or, the IR list.

Just sayin' ...

So, what have we learned? Apparently fans are not supposed to quit players, but in this crazy New Media world players can quit fans. Really? If only it were that easy...

Jay, I'm still a proud Bears fan and I will still cheer for you, even if you need to learn a thing or two about what it means to both be a Bear and to be a Bears fan. I will continue to teach you. I'm kinda hard to ignore (perhaps you're better aware of this now). And I have confidence you'll come around.

Meanwhile, thanks to all who have checked out my blog or my Tweet feed in the past week! Go Bears!

More later,

Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com