Monday, July 18, 2011

Pal Joey's First Night


PAL JOEY REACHES OUT

Well, he survived his first night!

Pal Joey and I bunked last night as he continues to get used to his new surroundings. He has quite the purr! He is just such a loving little guy...

Lots of head butts and petting last night. He slept right next to me and even on me at one point.

By morning, he no longer scurried under the bed whenever Mary or I came into the room. He was a little concerned about the noise Sammy was making down the hall as he was being locked into the master bedroom, a new procedure during the in-law suite addition work. But he now peeks out from under the bed when called, so we're making process...

Speaking of the in-law suite project, I have pictures! I will share them later tonight.

Also, I have updated the look of the long-ignored blog... More changes are coming.

More later,

Mark

3 comments:

Steph said...

I am the neighbor who loved him so much & couldn't watch him go. Brenda assured me that you guys would be great owners for him. He is a great boy.....funny though that you called him little:)

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

Hi Steph! Thanks so much for your note. You are right: He's not really that small! I believe you all called him "Patchopotamus?" :) He's such a cute guy! We're only 20 minutes away or so if you ever want to visit once he gets all settled give us a shout, We are so grateful to Brenda and Angels and everyone like you who cared so much to keep such a beautiful cat around and cared for until we could adopt him...

Steph said...

Just read your whole blog about Clyde. Sorry that his time with you was short-lived. Although, I am shedding happy tears and am 110% sure that Joey couldn't have found a better home. I wanted to adopt him so bad, but I have never owned a cat nor knew much about them until I moved across the street from Brenda 4 years ago. I am sure her reference in his write up about him winning over dog lovers would definitely include me. I have 2 Saints and one Great Dane. So glad your paths crossed :)

Steph

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com