Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Fishin' is ... Nonexistent!

I woke up this morning all ready to claim Lake Sweetwood as my own.

My proclamation in hand, I eagerly pulled open the sliding door to the oration deck off of the master bedroom, fully prepared to announce myself the owner, in fact, king, of the newly formed Lake Sweetwood. The lake literally sprung up during the previous evening's cataclysmic rain storm. I knew the neighborhood would be seeking someone to foist his riparian rights upon the situation. And, as my first generous act, I was going to proclaim that everyone would be allowed to keep the first fish he or she caught.

However, my hopes were dashed.

The lake is no more.

Damn that dam!

The groundhogs? They were still there. They're alright. Nobody worry 'bout them.

You don't suppose these varmints have gills?

So, instead of showing you the non-lake here is the first photo of our new patio:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

OK, not as dramatic as the flash flood, but, well, there ya go...

More later


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com