Saturday, December 06, 2008

Happy Birthday, Eric!

It's my brother Eric's 45th birthday today!

Here he is from a couple months ago when he visited us in beautiful Ohio:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That's him hooking up with Batman's Lee Meriwether. We had an awesome weekend together with my great friend Brad Keefauver.

I can hardly believe it was five year's ago that Karen, Bud, Mary and I pulled off his surprise 40th birthday party at Fat Jack's in Bloomington, Ill. An amazing amount of changes have taken place in five years. Yikes.

I am extremely fortunate to have such a terrific brother and a friend like Eric. As we've grown up, we have developed as many similar interests as we have differences (he is finally mature enough to begin to admit that DC sucks and Marvel rules). We still spend a chunk of every Sunday on the phone during Bears games celebrating and/or sympathizing with each other. And we both like our beer.

More importantly, we both like to laugh and appreciate each other's sense of humor whenever we get together.

Have a great day, Eric! Maybe we'll throw you another party at 50!

More later,


Mark

1 comment:

Eric Sweetwood said...

Thanks so much. Maybe you will get some help from someone, like Jen, at the Big 5-0 (Book it, Danno). Another year in the registry of life; and now the cats and I will retreat to some quiet time. My dang throat disease ruined my twelve beers and my Wednesday Warrior holiday bash. Jen came over and gave me a nice gift and made a soft serve supper last evening. Now for the Bears to win.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com