Wednesday, August 15, 2007

10 Magical Years

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

At approximately 4 p.m. EST 10 short years ago today, Mary DePietro and Mark Sweetwood were wed amid friends, relatives and the magic of Disney.

Now, I had considered authoring a beautiful tribute to our love guaranteed to inspire all of you. However, Mary already knows how I feel: There's no one else in the world that I'd vacuum for. I mean that.

Anyway, given the technology of the day, I decided to spend a few minutes taking you back to that special, special day and share some rare images. I know how much everyone enjoys looking at someone else's wedding photos.

Here goes: Queue the slide show.


I got my name in lights with notcelebrity.co.uk

Photo No. 1
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I think the fine folks at Disney were a little afraid of what was going to transpire, judging by the sign.

Photo No. 2
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We stayed from Aug. 13-18, 1997 at the Grand Floridian, which was the epicenter of activities during the wedding week.

Photo No. 3
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The place was beautiful, as you can see.

Photo No. 4
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm not saying the wedding was expensive, but when you go there today you can see this sign.

Photo No. 5
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The actual wedding ceremony was held at the on-ground church facility, Disney's Wedding Pavilion.

Photo No. 6
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Apparently, not everyone was completely at ease with the idea of our union in front of Disney AND God.

Photo No. 7
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The thing everyone seems to agree about a Disney Wedding is that everything was done with class!

Photo No. 8
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here's one of the original tickets from the actual wedding. We thought $54 was fair, considering it included a meal and one drink ticket. And, kids were free as long as they didn't eat.

Photo No. 8
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Plus, Elvis performed his first dinner show since Las Vegas in 1977, and that was included in the price. Don't believe me?

Photo No. 9
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It caused quite a stir.

Photo No. 10
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We also had a DJ with all of the cool tunes.

Photo No. 11
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
After the reception, we drove off in this 1929 Cadillac. Later, I discovered something ominous...

Photo No. 12
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The 1929 Cadillac was featured prominently in the film "Of Human Bondage."

But enough about the last 10 years...

Of course, I'm just kidding. My actual best memory of that day 10 years ago was that lovely woman with the beautiful eyes and a gorgeous gown agreeing to spend the rest of her life with a guy like me. That officially made me the luckiest guy in the world.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Happy Anniversary, honey!

More later (after a long weekend!)


Mark

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sweet! My congrats to Mark and Mary for making it through the first decade. Here's to many more! (Oh, I can't sip anything yet-I'm about to go to work) I guess the Sweetwoods will have to do the sipping for us. See you guys on Monday.

Suzanne said...

NO FAIR!!! I want photos of the blushing bride in her beautiful gown. And pics of the wedding china.

Very clever as always Mark. Congratulations to two of the best matched people I've ever met. E-Harmony.com should find such good pairings.

Have a Tanqueray and tonic for me.

Sports Blogger said...

Congratulations!!

Was that Justin Elvis from the flaming Elvises?!

One thing puzzles me about your photo montage - I always thought Disneyland was in CA - did you fly across the Continent after the ceremony for the reception at the Grand Floridian?!!

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

:) You busted me, Nigel.

I could find a Disneyland page that would let me play with the sign, but not a Disney World equivalent. So, I am guilty of a little sleight of hand...

And Suzanne, the final photo was indeed real. That was Mary in her gown, our Elvis imitator and me. Our china pattern was the Royal Albert Old Country Roses which, coincidentally, was the same pattern used in the Grand Floridian's tea room.

Or so I am told, since I never actually entered the Grand Floridian's tea room...

I've been away from the computer for about 24 hours, which is hard for me, and just awoke to many, many wonderful e-mails and posts! Thanks, everyone!

Mark

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com