Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fear and Loathing (the hotel's Internet) on the Campaign Trail '08

Testing, testing....

1, 2, 3, 4...

Am I on in the back?

Hello, everyone. I apologize for the paucity of posts once again. On Feb. 22 I began a two-day journey through eight states to reach my new job in Youngstown, Ohio. That wild trip was met by yet another whirlwind of new names, new faces, new everything as I settled into my new role as managing editor of The Vindicator.

Add to that the looming primary election in Ohio, house hunting, an Internet system that is a wee bit temperamental (A faulty access point has to be continually reset by a company in Poland. No, not Poland, Ohio which is the adjoining town. "Poland" as in the country Poland.) a gradual overcoming of a massive sleep deficit and general exhaustion, and you pretty much have the past week or so in a nutshell.

A buckeye shell, as it were.

But, no, as many of you have suggested, I haven't abandoned my 21st century blog in order to compete for editor of the year in 2009...

To say I am way behind on e-mail would be an understatement on par with "Hillary must do well Tuesday night." Please trust that I will get back to you and I do appreciate all of the notes.

I have pictures that I will share of my new surroundings. As for now, I just wanted to post up that I am alive, well and enjoying the new role tremendously. I am grateful for the opportunity that seems to be everything that I imagined and more.

More later,

Mark

P.S. I readied this Tuesday morning. When I went to post it, the Internet was down. Such is the Poland Conundrum.

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com