Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Our Long Boardman Nightmare is Over

The cable (as well as most of the Constitution) works.

Our cable, phones and Internet came back on for a short time Tuesday and then went out again shortly after I got home from work. Unbelievable! But at least circumstances afforded us the opportunity to watch a screener of the first two episodes of this season's "Entourage."

By Wednesday, everything worked again. I can live without the phones, since I mostly use my cell, anyway. And I got re-introduced to broadcast TV again, albeit a 2-inch version of it. But to make me wait DAYS to get caught up in my fantasy football leagues??

Pure evil. I am 2-0, 1-1 and 1-1 in three leagues, by the way and am currently getting caught up on the crazy Monday Night Football game courtesy of the NFL network... But I miss Jon Stewart. Tell me: Is he still funny?

Work has been a little crazy lately as we are literally experiencing the perfect storm of political season convergence. If you have watched any cable TV at all lately, and I have been unable to, you probably already know John McCain campaigned here Tuesday and had dinner with some locals in Youngstown that night. Good Morning America was live from nearby Gustavus (I never heard of it either until a few days ago when we found out that Good Morning America was going to be live from nearby Gustavus) Wednesday and Brad Paisley gave a free concert. Joe Biden will be back in Youngstown, again, Thursday. We're going to try to get Biden over for dinner.

OK, I made that last part up. But, heck, it's almost like the Iowa caucuses all over again. I wonder what he'd like for dinner?

Ohio is a presidential campaign battleground state – perhaps the most important swing state – and that means lots of interesting news. Add in a colossal windstorm, an upcoming fight by middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik, a recent gridiron showdown between Oho State and Youngstown State, a new GM car many hope will save the company that will be built right here and it is starting to feel a bit like we're near the center of the universe...

More to the point: It's never boring here.

And, I have arrived at the end of this without sharing the biggest news of all: There's been a roster change at the Sweetwood household. No, Mary has not been traded to another team! Stay tuned...

More later,


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com