Sunday, October 05, 2008

Cub, Uhm, Well, You Know...

A couple of e-mailers this past week wanted to know why I have not posted on the wonderful Chicago Cubs season and the prospects of a all-Chicago World Series...

Uhm, gentle readers, I have followed the Cubs since 1969...

Still, I know a source in Major League Baseball and he was kind enough to slide me some exclusive footage from Saturday nights Cubs-Dodgers game. Enjoy!



OK, that was kinda mean. But pretty predictable.

Me? Well, I had an interesting Friday. Todd Franko and I ducked out of work for about an hour to catch middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik spar in his gym as he prepares for his Oct. 18 bout against Bernard Hopkins in Atlantic City. Ever stand at ringside to watch a world champion spar just feet away? Me neither, until Friday. And with all due respect to the Cubbies, there's no comparison between the exhilaration of watching a champ prepare and watching the same athletic futility I've witnessed since I was 9 years old...

More later,

Mark

P.S. The fine folks at Jillian's convinced us Monday night to try them out for the Bears game, which is where we will be today...

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I've been a Cubs fan since.....whenever, but honestly they totally stink.

That's great. I hitched my wagon to total losers.

- Suzanne

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com