Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's Bat-Week!

Yes, many worlds will collide this week when Adam West arrives for the Screaming Tiki Comic and Pop Culture Convention in nearby Niles, Ohio.

Niles is uncomfortably close to Frasier, Ohio. OK, I made that part up. But, you can check the con out here:

Screaming Tiki Con

The highlight of the show is a reunion of the stars from the old Batman TV show from the 1960's. Mr. West will be joined by Yvonne "Batgirl" Craig, Julie "Catwoman" Newmar, Lee "Movie Catwoman" Meriwether and a host of others.

Good friend Brad and brother Eric are driving in for the weekend which commences Friday with the "Adam West Banquet." We are hoping the people-watching and kitsch-buying will be sublime...

I wonder if he'll sing the Adam West song from "Family Guy" where he serves as mayor of Quahog?

As the week unwinds, I will regale you with tales of my infatuation with Batman while growing up. During the big weekend, video- and camera-willing, I hope to capture the fun during the convention when a frustrated Adam West slugs me for asking one-too-many times if I can borrow the keys to the Batmobile (which will be there along with the Batcycle and the Batcopter).

I am ready to let the geek out!

More later,


Mark

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Holy Cow Batman!!! Julie Newmar AND Lee Meriweather. Unbelievable.

- Suzanne

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com