Thursday, July 23, 2009

Best. Concert. Ever.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
GREEN DAY ROCKS PITTSBURGH

Well, Green Day rocked for more than two-and-a-half hours Wednesday night. It was, without a doubt, the best concert I've ever attended.

When I say "better than," I mean better than: The Who (ninth row), Clapton (too many solos), Dylan (three times). R.E.M. (seats right behind the ban), Santana (first rock concert) Farm Aid (the first one with Neil Young, Dylan, Petty, et al and way too much Willie Nelson), Billie Joel, Jimmy Page, Jimmy Buffett and everyone else I am forgetting. Heck, better than Manilow! They all take a backseat to the staging, showmanship, performance, energy and catalog that makes up Green Day's show.

Our seats were "Igloo" club seats at Mellon Arena, stage left, and close enough to allow me to snap decent pics from my camera phone. The club seats gave us access to our own bar and restrooms! The only negative was the 35 minutes it took us to get out of the parking lot...

Here's a taste of the show from YouTube.com:


FROM YOUTUBE.COM, SHOT FROM ABOVE OUR SEATS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
THE WILD FINALE FEATURING CONFETTI BAZOOKAS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG CLOSES WITH "GOOD RIDDANCE"

Someone on the floor posted this after the show:



I am exhausted and yet still too wide awake to sleep. I'm gonna be wrecked for work Thursday!

More later,

Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com