Thursday, July 16, 2009

Countdown to Green Day!

Mary and I will make our way down to Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena Wednesday to catch Green Day on tour!

We have been big fans since the early 1990s when I stumbled onto the very punky "Kerplunk" cd. Or, was it a tape? The early 90's are kind of a blur...

By the time Billie Joe, Tré and Mike signed for a big-time label, Reprise, and set the world on fire with "Dookie,"I was a total fan. I have pretty much everything they've recorded (and brother Eric keeps me in the loop with bootlegs). Their stint as the "Foxboro Hot Tubs" generated my favorite album since "American Idiot."

You can't beat three-guy punk. Adding the Jasons really gives them an edge on tour as witnessed in "Bullet in a Bible."

So, Green Day is on tour for "21st Century Breakdown," an excellent album that manages to NOT be a simple rehash of "American Idiot" while being bold and creative in its own right. Hunting around online, I found some set lists for the current tour. Check this out:



"I'll Be There?" Really?? Can't wait!

More later,

Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com