Monday, January 02, 2006

46 Resolutions

Gee, another year? Already? But 2005 was so darned much fun...

I guess that means it is time for another batch of resolutions. Since I am turning 46 this year, I figure 46 resolutions will do. I, Mark M. Sweetwood, being of relatively sound mind, hereby resolve to:

• Become gainfully employed again.

• Win the lottery, anyway.

• Keep defying the odds. In other words, business as usual.

• Surprise those who should not be surprised.

• Shock those who should not be shocked.

• Dare those who would not be dared.

• Finally realize my "memoirs" in current form really could be reduced to a mere half-hour episode of "The Office."

• Forgive more.

• Forget less.

• Maintain the high road.

• Watch for those on the low road.

• Look down on those on the low road from my perch on the high road thus ruining an otherwise perfectly good metaphor.

• Update my blog more often.

• Finish my book.

• Finish that other book.

• And that screenplay.

• Figure out a better name for my screenplay than "SuperNewspaperMediaMan."

• Change that one part in my screenplay where "SuperNewspaperMediaMan" kisses "Janey Mary" while upside down in the rain in the alley.

• Lose weight.

• Get botox.

• Get hair plugs.

• Cap my teeth.

• Work out.

• Relive my 30's.

• Laugh more.

• Cry less.

• Spend less.

• Save more.

• Downsize my world.

• Upsize my generosity.

• Do my part for peace.

• Cherish my friends.

• Vanquish my enemies.

• Vanquish my false friends.

• Cherish new enemies.

• Encourage all to read the good works of James Thurber, Homer Hickam and John Grisham.

• Emulate the good works of James Thurber, Homer Hickam and John Grisham.

• Ride that ticket to stardom with my hit series about a comical lawyer who represents miners.

• Speak out more.

• Launch my podcast.

• Help others understand new media.

• Procrastinate less.

• Procrastinate less.

• Be less repetitive.

• Be a better husband, friend, son and brother.

• Avoid travel to Florida during hurricane season.

I'll keep ya posted on my progress throughout the year...

More later!


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com