Thursday, June 07, 2007

McCartney's Latest Memory

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usPaul McCartney's "Memory Almost Full" CD/iTunes/Starbucks musical release is out and it is not half-bad. I have listened to bits of each track and I am still making up my mind. It appears, however, to be the perfect appetizer for Nick Lowe, who's "At My Age"CD releases later this month.

Interesting factoid: Lowe's early band effort, Brinsley Schwartz, used to open for McCartney's Wings. I am betting not even my brother, no musical slouch himself, knew that...

To read Rolling Stone's review, sample each of the tracks and even give "Memory Almost Full" a star review, check out:

Memory Almost Full

More later,


Mark

1 comment:

Eric Sweetwood said...

I did read that once. By the way, Nick appears in the film Stardust (circa 1972) which stars David Essex as Nick is playing in a rockabilly band. Rumour has it that is where he met little Davey Edmunds. Check that out.

As far as Mac's latest; I did not hate it; nor did I love it. Flaming Pie or Flowers in the Dirt it is not. Then again, it is not as bad as Pipes of Peace, Press To Play, Off The Ground, and others. There are some catchy songs/tunes in this effort--which he will be always known for playing and creating.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com