Sunday, July 15, 2007

Uh-Oh! Trouble with The Hits.

If I had been paying closer attention, I would have noticed that something was wrong with the counter on Mark's World's Sitemeter.

The Sitemeter in the lower left column tracks the hits and the page views of all those who visit Mark's World. Note that it is still far below 8,000. However, while page views fell for the second consecutive month, our actual visits in June were up to an all-time high! That, despite the paucity of my posts!

Last month, I "upgraded" my Sitemeter account. Plus, the company was going through a server change and redesign. Somehow, in all of that, my counter got screwed up.

By my reckoning, using the old methodology and the raw data I still get, we should have hit 8,000 back on July 6 or 7 during my cold from hell!

Damn!

I'm looking into this...

More later,


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com