Sunday, June 07, 2009

Meet The, uhm, Authors?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, today I discovered that the big Wednesday Thurber Treat Literary Picnic was promo'd in the Columbus Dispatch. That made it – and, therefore, my participation in it – feel even more real.

However, and not to take issue with this issue of a great metropolitan daily newspaper, the item about the event was under a column headlined "Meet the authors."

"Author?" Technically, I'm somewhat of a writer/editor/blogger-guy. Aren't authors published? To make this point while writing this entry, I hit Dictionary.com and looked up "author." I found this:

"...a person who writes a novel, poem, essay, etc.; the composer of a literary work, as distinguished from a compiler, translator, editor, or copyist."

So, now I don't know what I am or what I am doing or how I got mixed up in this crowd. It appears I am heading down a scary path. Brad Keefauver has already suggested I now need a tweed jacket with leather patches. Tweed makes me break out in hives. The worst part? I'm not even sure what a hive is...

Anyway, I've practiced reading the piece. All that revealed was that I am probably not destined for a job doing "books on tape" – or any other format.

Good tickets, however, are probably still available...

Here's the link to the article:

Meet the authors

More later,

Mark

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Well that clinches it. You MUST finish that book and get it published. After all, you are an author!

Good luck with the reading.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com