Monday, October 01, 2007

Wake Me Up When September Ends



Oh, wait, it did...

Well, I really did intend to blog more but last month but, work, life, stuff, football, those @#$%&*in' Bears, fantasy leagues, etc. all conspired against me.

Really, the cats ate my blogs. And other lame excuses.

What did you miss in the life of the Florida Sweetwoods?

• We're looking at houses, convinced the Florida housing market is about to hit bottom. We have been convinced of this MANY times before, however.

• I'm on a diet. The doctor didn't exactly give me a death sentence at the annual physical but he made it clear that I needed to give something up: Either the carbs had to go or I'd have to give up breathing. I kid, but many remember all the weight I loss a decade ago so the carbs are being busted, fat is being counted and I'm stepping up activity, which is to say, I am using both hands to indicate to Mary that she must bring me two more beers to count.

• After giving Mary the OK to put a bullet in my head if I were to ever again purchase another piece of sports memorabilia after the packing and move from Illinois, I have bought some more sports memorabilia. In one pack of cards, I pulled an autographed "Lucky 13" Calvin Johnson rookie card which was an awesome pull. I also pulled a Mushin Muhammed jersey card, but I pulled too hard and he dropped another pass that hit him squarely in the numbers.

• We are getting ready for a Oct. 20 family wedding in Tampa. Mary's mom, Grace, is flying in to spend a week with us and we'll be meeting other family members when we get there.

• Most of the Bears games are NOT at 1 p.m. (12 p.m. CST) which means they are (or "were") often the featured late national game or on Sunday/Monday/Thursday night. That gives us a nine or 10 games on the HD, which is fabulous. The other games? We're alternating NFL ticket sports bar locations between Hooligan's in Ormond Beach and Smokey Bones in Melbourne. I'm all prepared for the next national humiliation at the feet of Brett Favre Sunday... Luckily, I can stay home for that one.

• I am adding a ticket broker service to www.superbowlboundbears.blogspot.com site so that any Super Bowl-bound Bears players will be able to easily find tickets for themselves and their families and friends. It should be a good one with the Cowboys vs. the Colts in February.

OK, I've got more to say and am planning a BIG October filled with fun and surprises and diatribes and special guests and, of course, Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. 9,000 which will begin the countdown to the end of the year and the crowning of the 10,000th visitor who will be honored in a way that will be memorable. No mere stein will suffice.

Except, of course, for Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. 9,000...

So, stick around as we get this site cranked up again! Thanks for visiting!

More later,


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com