Sunday, November 18, 2007

Karen's Classic Column

Our family has known for a long time that my sister Karen is an extraordinarily gifted person. Now, the world knows!

Karen has written (for free, I might add!) periodic columns for her local newspaper, The Times, back in Ottawa, Ill. for several years, now. Little did she know the impact that one of her columns had on a young athlete. Now that impact is spreading, thanks to a great column by that newspaper's editor, Lonny Cain.

I can't do the story justice by summarizing it here, so I will just suggest that you click below for an absolutely touching tale:

2005 column becomes a keepsake

I am so proud of my sister! If you agree, it might not be such a bad idea to email Lonny, the long-time editor of The Times, and suggest that maybe Karen be added to the budget as a regular columnist. He can be contacted at lonnyc@mywebtimes.com. Be kind to him! He's a good guy. He's just needs a nudge in the right direction...

More later,


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com