Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And Now A Word About Our Banners...

Shill.

Yes, that's the word I choose to describe my decision to add banner ads to Mark's World. I am a shameless shill.

There. I said it. And I am proud of it.

NFLShop.com The links for official Chicago Bears items (At left! Try it!), iTunes, Overstock.com and Macs are part of a affiliated network. I put up their banners. Should you choose to click and buy the things you otherwise would buy, I get a few bucks to buy steins to hand back to you. It's a vicious commercial cycle.

Here's the pledge: I will never put banners up for products or services I don't personally use. I am typing on my new MacBook Pro while listening to Neil Young on iTunes. I have my own accounts at both Overstock and NFL.com. I've been telling folks for free about Overstock for years. They, frankly, owe ME.

The other day, someone clicked through the iTunes, made a purchase and I made a few coins and I was truly amazed at what Mark's World is evolving into. I am having fun, learning and evolving and I'm glad you are checking in!

More later,

Mark

3 comments:

sdazzle said...

If you bring in pop-ups or pop-unders, I know you've officially sold your soul to the marketing devil.

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

From now on, each response will cost you 50 cents.


Beelzebub

I mean, Mark

Eric Sweetwood said...

You are a media whore! Wow. And you dare to write about the demise of journalism. Heh heh!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com