Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Kind of View

I promised you some pictures from out lake-view room here high atop the Chicago Hilton and Towers. We rated the executive level (somehow). The hotel is right across from Grant Park and, obviously, Lake Michigan.

From one window, by gosh, it's Soldier Field, my friend:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

From another window, the park and a better view of the lake and Lake Shore Drive:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, the third day is coming to a close. We attended the morning session with Chicago Bears coordinators Ron Turner (offense), Bob Babich (defense) and Dave Toub (special teams).

Here are Turner and Babich:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It was interesting hearing them discuss the plans for the next season.

And let me say this: The Bears organization takes a lot of heat (cheap, old fashioned, narrow-minded, blah, blah, blah) but they are also the only team hosting its 10th annual fan convention. Few teams have one such event, let alone a string of 10. And from CEO Ted Phillips on down, they all sit in front of the fans and take the hard questions. It's very special and if that makes me sound like I spent too much time sippin' the Kool-Aid: Guilty as charged. This event was different than I imagined but it was terrific fun.

And we'd do it again. Provided is isn't so crowded. If the Bears go 2-14 next year, I bet it would be a lot less crowded... But I am not wishing that on them.

And this report would not be complete without today's entry in the continuing photo series "Mary Meets the Trans-Famous." Today's brush with fame? Staley!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's been a great trip! Coming up: A wrap-up on what I learned, who I met and what I bought at the vendors tables.

More later,


Mark

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com