Friday, April 06, 2007

A Very Good Friday

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Our 6,000th visitor is a little shy! Damn you, masked IP's!

I can tell who the 5,999th visitor was. I can tell who the 6,001th was.

Anyway, we're still going to celebrate! How? By the opening of a new feature!

There was some method to my madness a couple of weeks ago when I unveiled the official, new Mark's World logo. I wanted to brand Mark's World with something that could have all sorts of horrific uses. I wanted something wootier than Woot.Com. Flingier than ThingFling.Com. Slicker than SlickDeals.Net. More audacious than, uhm, Obama...

Think: Craptacular. Welcome to the official retail store for Mark's World:

Mark's World Crap-A-Rama .

Yes, you, too, can impress friends and loved ones with official Mark's World crap. I found this site a while back and have been itching to have some fun with it. And every 1,000th visitor documented by yours truly will receive:

Mark's World Special Gift .

So, the very un-shy Mr. 5,000 Scott Dalzell: Your crap in the in the mail!

Browse around the store. Frighten yourself. Save the planet. Buy some crap.

More later,


Mark

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

That's uh....er....craptacular!! What a wonderful idea. Leave it to you. But one thing, the stein is not a tiki mug.

sdazzle said...

Wow, just wow! This is scary. Mark is now mass-marketing himself. Today Florida, tomorrow.........
When is the Mark's World Amusement Park opening?

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

We're working on a tiki mug over in R&D, Suzanne. Actually, I think you have to be a paid member to get better crap choices...

"Wow?" I think the word you are looking for, Scott, is "audacious." :)

The e-mails I am getting are hysterical.

As for the amusement park idea... Hmmm... The "Mark's World" name would fit. Maybe they'll wanna unload Gatorland since it almost burned down...

Meanwhile, Scott, watch the mail! I want a full report!

Mark

Anonymous said...

You can't market yourself without a cartoon version of your face. Now that I've found this blog I'll be visiting often.


Hey Mark, I e-mailed Mary a couple of days ago but I'm not sure I still have the right address. Could you have her shoot me an e-mail at jeffwest@jeffreywesthoff.com?

Thanks,
The Mystery Man

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

Hey, Mystery Man:

As it is "Mark's World," I certainly CAN market myself with or without my face! :) I think I have a Nychay version somewhere, but, frankly, I think we're all better off with the current model...

Mary is a poor, poor correspondent who's been too too hard to find, so I will let her know that she needs to get back to you.

Glad you found Mark's World! Where's YOUR world?

Mark

sdazzle said...

Mark, I have the stein and let me say, craptastic is not a sufficient word in describing the beauty of this crap. But let's just say this crappy little stein is well-made crap. It's too nice to convert into a paper weight. To be honest, I'm breaking it in tonight with a few of my favorite beverages. It looks like it may easily be a two beer stein. Thanks again for such an "audaciously" crappy stein.

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

We here at Mark's World are all about happy customers. You just need three more to complete the set...

:)

Glad it made it there and was a small part of a special day.

Mark

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com