Monday, May 01, 2006

Living With Reviews

As predicted Friday, the new Neil Young album, "Living With War," is garnering a lot of attention. A quick scan at www.google.com saw links to these reviews:

Chicago Tribune

Fox News

Rolling Stone

The Guardian

New York Times

And, of course, my good friend Suzanne has weighed in with her views! Thanks Suzanne!

According to Dan Rose who is coordinating the massive - and ingenious - marketing plan for Neil's new album: "Currently, the following digital retailers are scheduled to have Living With War available for sale on (Tuesday), May 2: iTunes (pre-order), SonyConnect, Rhapsody, Napster, BuyMusic.com."

I have also read that digital downloads will be available at neilyoung.com.

More later!


Mark

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yes, I read the Tribune review yesterday. Talked about the sense of "community" coursing through the album, and dissent and fury. My question to that is what has Young done personally in the last 36 years to change things?

This is quite an interesting experiment you are fostering here - watching to see if the power of marketing can create a demand for the album.

Mark M. Sweetwood said...

Actually, it's a great example of "organic marketing" and I've wanted to blog about that for a few months, now. Newspapers are trying to boost sales with direct mail and in-house ads. That's marketing circa 1992. :) I'm still writing that blog now and this example is making me tear up whole sections!

By the way, I like the passion in the album. I've long questioned the Iraq invasion and, frankly, Bush scares me. The song I like best is the one called "Lookin for a Leader." I am tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. Maybe that's just idealistic...

Eric Sweetwood said...

Uh--Neil Young does not need cheap Marketing ploys. And I would safely say that he has entertained audiences for years. Bush is entertaining in a horror movie way.

I saw Neil onstage for the Weld Tour and he support George Bush Senior on stage and said he felt it was important to support the Gvernment.

Everyone condemning him at this point has ignored his "Let's Roll" song immediately after 9/11. When he sings what the Bush-wackers at Fox like, he's loyal. When he questions Bush, then he is a Canadian Traitor.

What has Bush done to change things? Nothing positive, that's for sure. I suggest music fans listen to Young's Freedom and Ragged Glory for some pure entertainment to escape the troubles that the country now faces.

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us NFLShop.com Memorabilia
NFLShop.com